Rowlf

Rowlf

Thursday, June 12, 2014

On Driving Your Friends Nuts as You Prepare for Your Trip!

I'm probably driving everyone completely nuts on Facebook with my "Oh My God, I'm traveling in a month! YAY!" statuses, but I'm excited, I can't help it.

Truth is, I'm excited mixed with a bit of fear.

Or a lot of fear...terrified, even.

I have always wanted to travel to Europe, and so when one of my best friends moved to Bucharest, Romania, it was the perfect opportunity to go over. Bucharest. The city of many churches and gardens, and not too far away from the site that spawned Vampiric legends- Transylvania.  OoOooOoOOooooooooo. It's exciting.

I don't know how excited AJ will be going back to Transylvania for like, the 238942nd time in 2 years, but...I will be!

Romania even has a place in our family history as my cousin was adopted from a town outside of Transylvania, or so I'm told, so it's always been a place of interest for me.  I've even been practicing some phrases in Romanian, but I'm pretty sure I'm butchering them, so I'll spare you from my embarrassment.

We're also headed to jolly old London and Cardiff, Wales, and I've had Portobello Road from Bedknobs and Broomsticks stuck in my head for the better part of a month now. If you want it stuck in your head, too, just click Here: Porrtobeeelllooo Roooaaaddd! 

Sorry, I'm back.

Our pilgrimage to London and Cardiff is really a geek's dream when you think about it.  Nearly everything we have planned on this adventure revolves around Doctor Who and Harry Potter.  And I would have it no other way! I also need to point at Big Ben and recite "Big Ben...Parliament..." like a stupid American, but whatever, judge away. :D

I've spent countless hours researching how to navigate airports and how to pack light, so I really don't know how much more I can do to educate myself but it's the first time I have ever flown over seas..and on my own.

And I'm terrified. I'm not generally scared of things, but if I'm being honest, I'm nervous to fly over seas. I've been reading blogs on tips and tricks to calm nerves, but as it stands, my plan is to go to the Orioles game on Wednesday night and stay up late and get up early so I'm exhausted on the plane- forcing me to sleep.

I would, however, love to watch the sun rise on an airplane. Luckily I have a window seat.  I just hope I don't have to use the bathroom..or that I have awesome seat mates.. :D

Stay tuned for my next blog post:  "Kristen Attempts to Pack Light"!

No comments:

Post a Comment